Google has made it easier for users to search and at the same time more competitive for the businesses to get or maintain good rankings. While it’s constantly changing its algorithm, Panda and Penguin updates were the most crucial updates that impacted business websites and made them disappear from top ranks in a fortnight. Many of those are still trying to obtain their ranks before these updates were effective.
Content: It is the king of on page marketing. Fresh, relevant, high quality content is loved by Google. And what it makes it even more appealing is if it is shareable. After you write down your unique piece of content read it, if you think its something you would not share, then don’t bother posting it. You don’t have to be an award-winning writer to write this unique Google lovable content. All you need is the know- how of the industry you are in. Share your insights, valuable thoughts and it doesn’t matter if you write it in simple words. All that matters is your content should add value to the huge sea of data already available. It should be interesting and offer another view to the process or products you want to talk about.
Quality content does need time investment. Sit down to pen down your article when you are at your creative best. Be it early morning or late evenings. If a cup of coffee is what you need, please go ahead and indulge as long as the Cuban beans get your grey matter thinking and come up with the unique, share worthy article that you and your readers will love to read and share.
Back links: Google prefers high quality back links pointing back to your website. Long gone are the days when number of low quality back links would get your website good rankings. Google penalizes the websites that use such link building practices. Websites that have good authority over the subject of discussion back linking to your website will boost your page rank. To get these quality links you will need a clear strategy.
Domain authority: Websites that have higher domain authority of 20 or more are the gold mines of back links. You would want these websites to mention you. Before you start reaching out to these businesses, make a list of high quality sites and list out your pitch to each of these businesses. If you approach these businesses with a nice article that will be valuable to their business, they are more likely to share it or list it on their website and give you a credit for it.
Editorial or Media links: These are the best ones. Who doesn’t love media coverage? Getting talked about in the media, or being featured on any online media channel is a great plus. Incoming links from these outlets are highly coveted and boost your websites page rank.
Link building: While we talk about quality links, it seems almost difficult to have these good websites link back to you. A good strategy is to start local. Lets say you are a new landscape contractor in town. You might want to ask your colleagues or friends in college to mention you to their friends like it happened in the old times, to spread the word of mouth. Why not do something similar now. PR or link building exercise is similar to that. You might want to ask architects, designers to showcase your work on their website and at the same time you can show your capability to add design elements on the housing or commercial projects they are working on. Collaboration and valuable input within the same community is what Google likes to see. How well your connections are placed in your community, makes Google assess that you are the go-to guy for that particular business, service or product. If your work is noteworthy a good architect of design magazine might mention you or talk about you on their social media channels. You need to reach out to these people in your community, offer them valuable insights or something they would like to share and contribute to their line of work.
Following these steps take lot of research, patience and continuous efforts. Results of your online work do not interpret into number 1 ranks on Google overnight. Careful strategy when executed keeping Google’s updates in place and following the white hat practices will get you results. Don’t delay your online efforts to get connected or stay at the top of your niche. Get out there, make an effort and if you are too busy to do it yourself, hire an SEO analyst who will take care of all these and many more SEO activities for your business to help you stay ahead of your competition.
If you have any questions about our SEO assistants or would like to know how we can help you rank high on the search engines. Call us on 1-888-670-4882!
Over the years we have provided assistance to clients from all over the world with tasks requests ranging from personal, bookkeeping, SEO and web design. The reasons that we get from our clients repeatedly resonate strongly with the one’s mentioned below:
I was juggling more tasks than I could handle: My son was moving to London and there was too much work that I needed taken care of each day. I was not getting enough time from my schedule to spend with him. I knew I had to do something about it and that’s when I decided to go virtual. It has been a great experience having someone manage your personal and work life. My assistant helped with my website updates, blogs, planning a party for charity that I am a member of and planning my travel to London. I finally get to travel without worrying about my work back home and also have my itinerary planned for each day which covers all the places I need to visit before I get back to windy city-Chicago!
I needed to focus on the big picture, but I just didn’t have the time: When my business started growing I knew I needed help with tasks. I was busy all day handling most of the backend of the things that I wasn’t left with any productive time to think of newer strategies for customer retention and marketing. There is so much more that can be done in growing your business if your mind is not crowded with receipts, reports, endless research and so forth. I went virtual to get my creative time back, doing what I want to do!
I needed someone to take care of repetitive work: As a CEO of technical recruiting company our database was our engine. It needed to be up to date all the time. It was repetitive but essential at the same time. I realized I needed someone who was fast, efficient and trustworthy. I hired a Virtual assistant to help me with our daily updates, make calls, schedule interviews for our staff. Now my in house team could focus their hours on productive work rather than worrying about updating the database that they didn’t enjoy to do in the first place. What’s more wonderful is that our staff has access to the same assistant and we all share his hours. He is our team member and not to mention a very important one, the one we cant do without!
Me and my girlfriend wanted to travel to Italy, but had so much to do before we could leave that it seemed almost impossible to go: It was one of the things that we wanted to do together. Every year we would end up postponing it for one reason or another. She is phd student and this was her last semester. And what better way to celebrate than taking her to italy. I wanted it to a surprise, but when it comes to planning I would let her take charge. But this time it was all upto me. I knew I needed help to make sure all is planned and perfect. I hired a va who helped me plan my trip to the last detail.
My business is growing and I need more hands: When I first started my business, I took care of all things new and ongoing tasks. With growth comes more responsibility and work. I had to get to more meetings, present more proposals, stay ahead of my competition, do more marketing and all this led to some very important tasks left on the backburner because I didn’t have enough time. I realized I needed help but didn’t want to commit to a full term employee. I hired a virtual assistant and since that day until now, I have never looked back. Hiring a virtual assistant has proven to be very efficient and also very cost effective solution to all my tasks. I am getting more done each day!
Most Small business websites are half decent looking these days and it is a shocker! Having an outdated business website can do more harm than not having one at all.
Having a well designed website that markets, sells, engages and builds a rapport with your customers in today’s time is a necessity. As business owners we are often working on so many other things that we neglect our online presence.
We have compiled a list of 8 simple elements that each small business website should have in today’s world in order to become successful, sharable and trusted on Online landscape.
- Look of your website – is it engaging enough? Our online world is crowded and it’s getting busier each day. The first 20 seconds that each customer spends on your website are crucial. If your website offers what they are looking for they will stay on the webpage for more information, otherwise they are most likely to never return back. You as a business owner need a website that conveys to your clients, what you have to offer, how you do what you do, and why they should choose you instead of others in same space. Clean looking website that resonates with your clients/ customer base and at same time conveys your message without having an overcrowded web page is a must.
- Header and logo: When it comes to logo design there is nothing too flashy or too simple. Your logo needs to clearly represent you as a brand. Focus on the header of your website. It is more important now than ever to build your brand and have your customers remember you by that brand. In this example the logo clearly represent what they do and also how they do it. If you are a store selling products and want to enter the online retail space, your website needs to carry forward the same look, feel and experience that your physical store does. Personal branding with your name being used in the logo is necessary in case of lawyers, corporate law firms, medical offices, bloggers and solo-entrepreneurs.
- Navigation: It’s important that you keep the links in the header to a minimum. Users who are visiting your site for the first time should have clear road map to your site and should be able to find the information they are looking for with minimum clicks as possible. Business sites should typically not have more than 6-7 menu links. If you have lot of pages of information and services, a side bar with quick links serves better than to have 15 navigation buttons in the header.
- Landing pages: If you are purely into doing business online in any shape or form, you need landing pages with one sole purpose and that is to convert traffic into leads. Landing pages are tempting sneak peaks designed specifically to lead your customers to fill out the form and ask for more details or buy instantly. They can be entirely different in design than rest of your website. If you are running a Google Adwords campaign you have the flexibility of choosing specific landing pages for different keywords too. Experiment with 2-3 different designs, see which page has the most conversion, tweak the designs and you will see higher click through rate coupled with good lead generation.
- Sidebars: These are great tools to showcase your products, features and specials. These sticky bars are more often seen on right or left side of main content of your website, that have information that stays same for most of the pages of your website. You need to harness the space that this sticky bar offers. It’s a great space to roll out specials, offer your customers some opt-in-offers to sign up for your specials. Different things you can have in your side bar are and not limited to:
- Quick links to your products/ specials
- E-book introductory offer
- Recent blog posts quick links
- Facebook or twitter feed
- Sign up to your bootcamp: Limited seats available!
- Video or magazine or featured links: That improves your credibility.
- Introductory/descriptive Videos: Using videos on your website is huge. It gives you the perfect opportunity to connect with your audience. Videos need to be short, descriptive and engaging. If you were featured on some news channel, use that video to showcase and at same time harness the power of social approval of a media giant. If not grab your iPhone or cam corder and record a short video yourself. All businesses need a video on their website, on home page or about us page. It acts as a window of communication with your potential clients. Don’t forget to add a little bit of humor, there is nothing like watching a fun informative video.
- Social Media Integration: If you are a small business, you need to be social. You need to tell the world you are here and you mean business. And you can’t do this without going social. You need to be where your clients are and most importantly it allows you to communicate with your audience. You can take their feedback, improve your service or products and listen to their input. Have social media links in the header, footer or side bar where they can be seen. You can also choose to show the live feed if your accounts are fairly active.
- Contact us: All businesses need to have a contact us page. It is where your clients can place an inquiry and contact you. It also builds the credibility of your website by including a phone number, physical address, email address etc. There are numerous ways to design and implement the contact us form. If you do lot of business from your physical office location it is a plus to include driving directions by implementing a Google map into your contact us page. It also serves a positive to make a local Google plus page which has your address on it. It shows up on the search results in your local search instantly. For most businesses, the contact us form acts as the inquiry form too. It can be placed on the main home page, in the sticky bar and also have its own separate contact us page. If you do not wish to have the full form on the main page, you can include a small well designed button that says contact us and redirects the user to the contact us page.
We would love to hear your ideas on how to improve online presence and ideas and tweaks that you think are a must for every small business owner. Tasks Everyday web virtual assistants design and develop business websites, so if you are looking to create a new website for your business or want to tweak the existing website, get in touch with us now and let us help you go online in style!
Over 500 million people are on Facebook alone, making it the biggest social media engine out there. And as a matter of fact, your potential customers, readers, competitors, everyone is on Facebook, Twitter or some other social media engine. As a business owner you are already wearing too many hats and do not have the time to focus on your social media strategy and be consistent with it. There are days when you will blog more, tweet more often and then there are those days of absolute silence.
What you are doing wrong or not doing at all:
- Lack of a proper strategy: Not all social media platforms are worth your time. You need to evaluate your options and start implementing your plan based on your business model. If you are a photographer, and you don’t have an Instagram account, you are lacking in some serious audience engagement.
- Commitment and engagement: As business owners, we are eager to see the results and social media needs patience and steady presence. Something that is hard for a business owner to do. Especially when it’s hard to see a quick ROI. Constant presence and engaging with your customers is a very time consuming affair. Your personal assistant can help you embrace the power of social media, instead of fighting it off.
- Have quality likes: We have often come across clients, who want to see their Facebook pages have instant 10,000 + likes. And we strongly disagree with such advice. You need to ask yourself, what good is it going to do for your business, when you are NOT connecting with your real customers. Quality likes from your niche market matter the most. It isn’t about the number of likes you have on your Facebook page, it is about the QUALITY likes and share that will help you grow your target audience.
- Do not have branded social media pages: We say branded, because it is very easy to get lost in this social jungle. It’s important that your business pages just like your website, your store, blog or your fashion merchandise; they need to be branded as well. Work with your Virtual Assistant-VA to create Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus professional looking pages that speak about your brand. Customized quality branded social media pages have higher ratings of getting liked and engagement than poorly designed pages.
- Not taking advantage of social metrics:
- Facebook Fan demographics: You can see the gender, age, countries, cities, and language of your fans. What this allows you to do is create posts that are most intriguing to your fan base. If your fans are in the age group of 40–50 it’s important to talk about posts that they can relate to, posts about someone they grew up watching with a message.
- Post Metrics and page insights: Every post speaks to you about your customer base. You need to understand your audience and engage with them. If a certain quote image got you more response and shares than the other, there must be something that resonated with your audience.
With each passing day technology throws at us some new app to learn, some new ways of monetizing our product or service and amidst of all that is our target market audience. What you need is a virtual assistant, explain to him your insights and thought process and have him work on your strategy. Social media is a powerful tool and to reap the benefits, you need a partner who understands the latest gigs and help you reach your social media goals. Pop over to Tasks Everyday and give your social media strategy a quick face-lift.
When our phone rings, we treat it as your first step to freedom. We understand that you have decided to get help and first and foremost you do realize that you need help.
Before we stress on what your assistant can do, lets focus on what you’ve been missing out on:
- Reading that book you always wanted to
- Updating your social media profile, connecting with your readers more then you do right now
- Taking a vacation with your family, and can not because “Hell will break loose in your absence”.
- Starting up a new business, you have been planning for so long
- Going fishing with your son or family
- Take that hiking trip
- Attending your daughter’s ballerina classes, or taking your son for swim lessons
- Make it a special day for your partner on his/her birthday, but you had no time, or even worse you forgot it altogether!
- Can’t be a part of that planned surprise birthday party for your friend as you still got unread emails that cant be ignored
- Take a nap when you haven’t got the worry in the world and sleep like there’s no tomorrow
Well, this list is never ending, as these are simple joys of life that each one of us as individuals can connect with at some point in our lives. Our hectic schedule and fast paced lives, takes out more from us each day then giving back. we do need to support our families, pay for mortgage, insurance and our taxes. And in this juggle of multitasking, providing and managing deadlines, we miss out on simple joys of life.
Now, do you really want us to point out why you need a virtual assistant? If you still need some more convincing, here goes:
- First and foremost: The reason is affordability: You can afford one, In Suze Orman’s terms “Approved”.
- Your Personal assistant can do more than you can imagine, clean up your inbox, attend calls, manage your calendar, remind you of your spouse’s birthday and even send a gift or make a list of gifting ideas, make reservations and all those personal secretarial tasks.
- If you need help with more executive tasks, then you can hire an executive assistant, who can manage your database, work on spreadsheets, research, presentations, docs and all other admin assistant related tasks.
- If you are “Sheldon Cooper” kinds, you might need an assistant with higher skills. Assistant with more technical background. For all your programming needs, you can hire a programmer; he can do simple tasks like setting up your blog or creating an ecommerce store.
When you first start out with your virtual assistant, you will realize it is the most inexpensive, affordable and productive way to get your tasks done and free your life.
The other bonus is that with hiring virtual assistants, you don’t have to worry about overheads, like bonuses or insurance or benefits. So pop over to Tasks Everyday today and hire your virtual Assistant, and experience the freedom!
Like any other business, we like to learn and analyze and write case studies that benefit other clients. When it comes to outsourcing web design, we have outlined a step-by-step guide to help make your website project as easy as it can be.
Why you need to Outsource your Website Design
Cost Advantage of outsourcing: You need a website and you can’t afford somebody local. We as business owners make decisions all the time, the one’s that can increase or decrease our costs, and web design is something that everyone needs. www keeps on evolving. It’s something we can’t do without, and it isn’t something you can do on your own, as you don’t have the time, or the skills needed to catch up to the latest must have’s or don’t do’s and all those fancy jargon that technology throws at us.
How to make website design a stress free affair
Writing Clear instructions and relaying your ideas go a long way: The better and more detailed you are in doing so, it saves you a headache and lot of time in the long run, doing revisions. Imagine, I send you an email “attached my logo file, create a design based on this and wow me”. Failure to relay what exactly you want to your virtual assistant, often results in designs that are complete opposite of what you had in mind, and you swear off never to outsource ever again. To avoid such frustration we have laid out simple steps to help you in the process.
So here’s how you can make your next website project stress free, the one that saves you time and money.
Step 1: The layout or the Framework
You need to have a basic idea on what you want your website to look like and the functionality. Most often, we lay too much importance on the looks that the functional part is left out.
- How do you want your website to “look” like: Let’s talk about design purely: Example sites act as a very good point of reference for your virtual assistant.
- You can select about 3-5 different websites and pick what you like most about them.
from reference site 1 abcdotcom, I like the blog layout, registration forms are great on xyzdotcom and would like to have something similar.
- Pick the colors, if you more techy, you can send the pantone shade numbers, if not there are software’s like colorloversdotcom to help you choose the perfect palette. Or you can just say lets keep it blue and grey like this sample website colors.
- If you already have a website and a business and would like to retain few elements of your original design for branding purposes, please mention that. This can be true for a winery website, architecture firm, law firms and many other industries.
- You can select about 3-5 different websites and pick what you like most about them.
- Functionality: There is no point having a pretty website that does not have the functions you want. Say you want a shopping cart function on your website, you need to decide first hand which shopping cart platform has the features you like the most. There are numerous open source-shopping carts each one more promising than the other, but you need to identify what fits your needs. Second example can be, having users register of sign up as members to your website, or you want users to post listings or make reservations, or any other functionality you want to have, needs to be clearly mentioned to your web design assistant at the initial stages.
Step 2: Managing the Project
Once your assistant knows the goals and understands your ideas based on your project design needs and functionality described above, your virtual worker can suggest you the best possible designs and solutions to achieve those. To keep the process streamlined and for best results, follow the simple steps below:
- Mockups: Ask your assistant to make mockups before he starts coding. so that everyone is on the same page.
- Edits and feedback: Positive criticism and timely feedback is very necessary. if there is something you don’t like, before you jump the gun, ask your assistant, why he or she chose to have it that certain way. You can send screenshots, ppt, or write simple steps to make the edits or changes to the mockups designed.
- Managing your project on daily basis: You can use certain online tools that are mostly free like basecamp, balsamiq, and so many other project management tools and engage in discussions, upload files, provide feedback, or you can do this simply via email. Follow the method that works best for you.
- Set timelines: Your virtual assistant should be accountable for delivering the project in the defined timelines as long as they are realistic. Creating accountability is important to manage your projects. Especially if you have multiple projects going on at same time.
- Share files and folders: We always advocate of using time in best ways possible. Web design often involves sharing large files and can be time consuming and tedious. Thanks to technology now you can do so with a click. Online software’s like google drive, docs, dropbox, you send it, boxit and so many other software’s can help you share and manage all your files smoothly.
- Dealing with issues: If you come across something you don’t like. don’t say “ I don’t like it, or Really? is this the best you can do?” without giving out clear details on what you want to change, or how would you rather have it done. Lack of sending out clear instructions, can prove futile for both parties and will frustrate you and your virtual assistant. The most important way to make this virtual relation work is to be specific, positive and be open to discussion in good times and bad.
- Testing your final Product: Testing out the features before making your project live is crucial. After Functionalities like logins, forms, listings, shopping cart, sign up forms, social media links etc, its time to sit back and wait for the results to show.
Conclusion: The world of outsourcing and working with someone based half way across the world can be confusing when you first start out. As you get a few projects older, you realize how did you ever ran your business or manage your daily tasks without your virtual assistants. Outsourcing is your secret weapon, that gives you leverage of time and cost over your competitors and your virtual assistants become a part of your team.
Most people have gotten to where they are good at what they do. And have a fear that others might not match their abilities. In running a successful business, it is imperative that to continue the growing pattern we need to replace that fear with trust.
Delegation: As some might think it’s a fine balance that needs to be hung on to, it isn’t anything like walking a tight rope. It is more of habit that needs to be made a part of your everyday life. And as you do it more often you become good at it, just like picking the right shirt for your work everyday. it isn’t rocket science , it just needs a little thought and organization.
Why you need to delegate: You are so busy at work, watching everyone else’s back have you ever thought who is watching yours? So that one day that you want to take an off, the world doesn’t go to hell.
If you think you are working terribly long hours and feel totally indispensable to do anything else, it is one of the signs that is telling you to start delegating.
Your work style is your choice and habit. Most of the times, the more intelligent individuals often overestimate themselves and take up on more work than they can chew. One reason why they do that – is simple truth, they are good at what they do. Well, that isn’t a bad thing right! But what you need to understand is , while you are burdening yourself with more tasks , have you lost track of the broader goals that you wanted to achieve and getting buried in doing other stuff. The stuff that is repetitive and can be done by someone else. All you need to do is DELEGATE.
It allows time for today’s entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals to think on long-term business and development strategies for their personal and overall growth.
After you have realized that you need help, the second step is to identify tasks that you can delegate efficiently to your virtual assistant and then making delegation a habit.
You need to integrate delegation into what you already do. Make it your habit and let it grow.
What tasks can you Delegate: We as individuals, business owners, busy professionals know our everyday drill. What’s expected out of us and we know exactly how to deliver it.
- Repetitive tasks: Making charts, sheets, reports, entering data. Administrative assistants at Tasks Everyday are trained and experienced in handling such tasks.
- Research tasks: You need someone to go through tons of information available out there and make clear reports, organize it for you.
- Tasks that need a specific skill: Yes, you are talented and can do this on your own if you had the time to learn it or master it, but why not have someone else do it, who is good at it and does it for a living. Like making a website, setting up your blog etc. why not have your web virtual assistant do this for you instead. While you concentrate on business development, increasing sales and working on newer strategies for your online business.
- Mundane tasks: Why not has your personal assistant do those tasks for you. It might take longer than if you had to it yourself, but in the end, It did save you time and got your work done. Isn’t that we are trying to achieve – free up our valuable time and money. Personal assistants at Tasks Everyday are the right fit.
All those tasks that can be done by following a set of instructions, monitored by simple checkpoints, and saves you time can be delegated very efficiently. You do not need a magic wand for that to happen, many business and individuals like yourself are making the most of this by hiring the right virtual assistant from the pool of skill sets that tasks everyday has to offer.
Delegating is the efficient way of living, want to know more, keep reading…
We want our clients to find better ways to use the service (more on how to delegate and finding the right resource in future posts), and how to become a pro!
Let’s face it, we all have more tasks on our hand to do than the hours in a day. Whether you are a small business owner, homestay mom, busy professional or a college student. There is always so much to do. We wait for the weekend to unwind plus do the chores and tasks that you couldn’t get to during the week. With increasing tasks and commitments that we have in our life , our To-do-lists keep on increasing and we are running to make for the time lost.
For a small medium business owner, you are so busy doing the work that you do for your clients that your own business tasks are left in the backburner. As time goes by we end having contacts and database that is outdated and needs work, balance sheets that need to be filled, websites that are outdated and you haven’t got the time to have that special feature or product you wanted to showcase, do some research for your products and market research to keep a tab on your competitors. Well the list is never ending and we need that extra pair of hands without cutting a hole in our pockets. What you need is a fix and not a solution and that what Tasks Everyday offers.
Dedicated assistants at Tasks Everyday can help you with all the tasks listed above and lot more. Your Business Executive assistant does the work that you didn’t have the time to do, while you can concentrate to do what you like to do the most , that is being productive , achieve more and more importantly enjoy your life!
Few questions that you might need answers to before taking the leap to a remote executive assistant :
- I don’t have the time to train anyone on what needs to be done: At Tasks Everyday, this never happens. As we pick the right resource for you from our team of dedicated assistants, who work from our own office facility and are not freelancers. We know there expertise and experience, we always match the tasks to an assistant who has worked on similar projects before. If something that you are doing caters to a very niche market, training someone now for an hour or less each day for few days will save you much more time overall, if you had to do those tasks yourself.
- Security of my data and contacts: All our employees work from our own office facility and there are state of the art security measures in place, to ensure your data is secure and confidential.
- Why I need a remote assistant: Well firstly because it’s cost effective and you don’t have to worry about overheads, benefits or long term contracts. Tasks Everyday does not bind you to a contract.
For more information on hiring an executive assistant visit Tasks Everyday, and take the first step to revolutionize the way you work today!