Time and again we try to emphasize the beauty of virtual personal assistants and there is no single list that can outline the tasks that they can help you with. They are your lifestyle managers and their role in your life goes far beyond than making reservations at your favorite restaurant.
We often say it’s the little things that matter. When you first start working with your assistant, define clearly what needs to be done and what are the goals you are trying to achieve. You can start by sending smaller tasks first that are straightforward like basic research and working on some pending documents or sheets that you haven’t gotten around to doing them. As you keep sending the tasks that you hate to do or don’t have the time or skill to your VPA, you will see the pile of tasks that you had burdened yourself with, is getting shorter. The weight is lifted off your shoulders and you will find yourself in a very calm productive space.
As your relationship grows with your Assistant just like any other employee at your workspace, you will find yourself delegating more tasks and allow yourself to concentrate on the major chunk of your business.
Small list of tasks that your Virtual Personal assistant can do for you
- Research: Do preliminary research for your blog posts, projects, or finding the best services or products that you asked them to.
- Managing your calendar: They make sure you are never late for an appointment or a meeting. They schedule, re-schedule, confirm and update. If you are in recruitment industry you can definitely use a VPA to organize the meetings and interviews.
- Comparative research on products and services, so that you get the most bang for your buck, finding the best deals that you can lay your hands on.
- Work on your database and make sure it’s always updated, so that you never loose out on your potential customers.
- Work on your spreadsheets, word docs, excels and all those receipts that need to be filled and we know how much you hate doing that!
- Remind you it is your sister’s birthday, send flowers and win you extra brownie points with your mom!
- Give you an unbiased honest opinion about your latest strategy or podcast. Sometimes your friends are too polite to point out your mistakes.
- Take care of some technical issues, like fixing up your website, designing your brand’s Facebook and twitter page etc. Your VPA has access to a swivel of virtual assistants with different talent and skills. If they are too technical and beyond their expertise, your assistant can just send an email to the concerned team and have your tasks done, without you having to worry about a thing.
- Remind you, that you need to pat yourself in the back more often and take a break. Enjoy your time and be more Productive.
This is not all and I am sure you understand that the value of a quality virtual assistant cannot be pointed out in one blog post. What ever your goals or business, we all can experience the joy of having our own VPA and once you start delegating, you will find its hard to let go!