While surfing the web we come across successful bloggers, entrepreneurs, businesses who have taken the bull of social media by its horns and ride it like a Pro. Big companies have designated marketing teams and have big budgets to create campaigns. How can a small business or a start up founder who is already juggling more than he can handle, manage and run an effective marketing campaign?
Personal branding is not an option anymore. Creative and passionate individuals who have used the power of social media to earn the big bucks by promoting themselves and their businesses are a tall example before us!
How to build your online platform!
- Identify the right channel: Build your own website using WordPress or other content management systems (there are also many drag and drop website builder tools you could use yourself and make your own website or you could outsource the development of your website). Start a blog, again word press is a good blogging platform it is available in 2 versions, dot org and dot com. based on your requirements you can choose the right fit.
- Social media profiles: Accounts on Facebook, Twitter, linked in and also Pinterest and Instagram you have many options to pick from. Find the right medium that resonates with you.
- Do not wait for it to perfect –just start: The problem with blogging and writing articles is it takes time and so does building an online audience. And we all like to be perfectionists before we launch our product to the world. It doesn’t have to be the case in social media. You need to start connecting and sharing without waiting for your website/blog to be perfect.
- Authenticity: The key to engage and connect with your fellow readers, bloggers or consumers is to be authentic. the content that you write and want to promote needs to strike a cord and that is possible only if you are “Being Yourself”!
- Add value: Define your audience and identify what they are searching for. Writing content that will add value to their work or life will earn you their loyalty and appreciation.
- Build your email list: From day one you need to build your email list. Efficient email marketing, by sending them specials or updates based on your products, services, new e-book launch, tutorials or update on your new podcast. And you do not want to loose this opportunity. Include a form or place for your readers to drop in their email addresses on your blog or website. To send out bulk emails (if your list is huge), there are service providers like constant contact, mail chimp etc. You can also hire an internet marketing assistant to create a custom email template that define and relays your voice to your readers more effectively.
- Reach out to fellow bloggers who have authority on the domain of your interest. Participate in discussions; check out cool tips that these ”influencers” have to offer. Your potential customers are reading and recognizing your voice with each comment of yours. There is a lot more you can learn by engaging with the online community, the issues, and concerns, factors that influence their decisions. It is valuable insight into the mindset of your target audience, much like conducting surveys the beauty is it’s available for free for you to grasp and utilize.
- Info graphics: It is a cool term for graphic representation that says a thousand words. Why you need it is because all stats are in favor of people connecting with what you have to say when you represent it visually. if you do not have the skills of a graphic designer, you can hire one to create these for you. Everything that you want to represent needs to have class and continuity. It needs to reflect of your brand and resonate with your consumer without being pushy.
In the info graphic below you will see steps to personal branding for your inference.
Building an online brand needs time more than passion and creativity. And what usually happens is in the beginning we are very zealous (passionate) but over time the work pressure mounts up and writing a blog or working on social media takes place on the back burner. Do not let your work -load get the better of you. Online presence and media has the power to connect you directly to the decision makers. Hear out what they have to say and engage with them. Internet marketing assistants at Tasks Everyday work with you in accomplishing your goals. They examine and analyze the statistics to see what works and what doesn’t and help you stay ahead and stay connected!
Exploring multiple passions while doing your everyday job is not an easy feat. When you are in college, you have the opportunity to explore your passions. If you like to plan parties, love reading and have awesome singing skills you can manage all three by joining different clubs and get to do what you love all at the same time. Then eventually the corporate world catches up to us.
Everyday 9-5-work schedule and our busy lives do not leave us with much time to combine our passions into one career. And we think to ourselves only if I had more time!
Escape the 9-5 grind!
When we first started out with virtual assistant service back on 2003, we didn’t realize the impact that a va can have on the lives of our clients and the freedom that having one gives them in their daily lives. It is only after Tim Ferris wrote about it in New York Times bestseller “4-hour work week” that people realized the power of working with remote employees. You are no longer a slave to your traditional work hours or your office space. All you need is Internet connectivity and your laptop and you can practically manage your business from anywhere in the world and Tim not only writes about it but also practices what he preaches.
Freedom to choose your workers, their timings and skills
In a traditional set up you would have to interview individuals, go through their resumes, negotiate the salaries, offer benefits and workspace and all added extra costs. So if you had work that did not need someone full time, you were stuck with not so diligent or skilled workers or had to pay more to get your job done. This isn’t the scenario with virtual assistants. How does working with Virtual assistants give you freedom:
- You are the Boss and have the flexibility to choose your assistant from a pool of talented individuals, work hours in terms of how much work you need to get done and pay for it without having to worry about the overheads.
- You no longer are limited to do what you like to do by not having people with right skills to work for you. You can hire across various talent pools, irrespective of your physical location and get your work done.
With more time at your hands, new opportunities and a world of possibilities open up. With the freedom to choose your own location/workspace, be it the beach or a cafe, along with the flexibility to choose your team, a window to new creative solutions is created. Newer thoughts and rejuvenated thinking process stems to processes and solutions that are more cost effective and creative. Your mind is now free to explore the creative edge and passions that were hidden earlier.
If you are looking for a virtual assistant, who is talented, smart and loves to help clients by making them more time to do what they love to do, you can sign up now and experience the world of 4 hour work week!
How many of you watched the Mad Men show lately? It makes us look at what was good enough in 70’s is not enough any more. With growing technology our marketing avenues have changed drastically. Our lifestyle more than anything has taken a sharp turn. A single worker can no longer support a family of 4 ideally, take 2 holiday’s a year, afford a car with insurance rates for his 16 year old and not to mention the mortgage. We as individuals irrespective of our education or work type; spend more hours working than we used to back in the 70’s.
Where did this extra work come from?
With changing times, our technology and needs have changed. Now we have Facebook updates to do, send out e-invites for our next upcoming party, share and manage more than one social media blogs or platforms. Technology in more ways than one have increased work, and made it faster and time bound. With faster computers and Internet access, we are now “online” 24-7. What this means is, lack of time for yourself.
Deliverables and how to cope with it
To keep up with our day-to-day schedule and the to-do’s, we need help. It is just not possible to do it all by yourself and that have a life (and if you can, well, congratulations!). We have what we call virtual assistants in today’s world, something not possible back in the day. They are your technology soul mates. They are eager to help you, share the burden, give you relief from all that extra work, finish that report before deadline, they are your knight in shining armor, coming to your rescue. They are someone who always has your back. What they do is tremendous. We can’t increase the number of hours in each day, but what we can definitely do is have more hands to work for you.
So, how does Tasks Everyday help you with your busy schedule and never ending tasks?
You have more work and we have assistants ready to work for you. It is a match made in heaven. You decide on what tasks you need help with and we match you up with an assistant most suitable for the job at hand. Based on the skills or tasks you need help with, Tasks Everyday assigns you an administrative assistant, Bookkeeper, SEO assistant or a web designer. Your assistant may be physically half way across the world, but what was mere a dream in 70s is now a reality. Communications technology has changed the landscape and our lifestyle, and why shouldn’t we use it to our benefit. Delegating tasks and checking on your deliverables is easy now, you don’t have to send a fax or telegram to get an update. Just pick a phone, send a message on IM, call on Skype, video chat with your assistant and Viola! You are connected.
If you haven’t started working with your assistant or hired one, get in touch with Tasks Everyday now! Revolutionize the way you work today!