Last year our CTO and Customer support manager got together to funnel the requests that we get from our clients to learn the pattern of tasks or needs. What started as a resource tool to gather insights into tasks delegation and performance analytics turned out to be much more than a database of archives. Very soon they realized that it was a very ambitious project and could give us far more insight into “Outsourcing and the world of virtual assistants”.
This post is too small to discuss it all. But we would like to discuss the most important aspect of it all and that is “Are you ready to go Virtual?”
Business owners, busy moms, professionals, entrepreneurs, doctors and parents all have come to Tasks Everyday looking for immediate assistance. Your secretary called in sick and your calendar is in a mess, 4th of July is 2 days away and you still haven’t booked or planned your vacation that you promised your wife and kids, you are a start-up and tight budget constraints make your share of work pile increase by the minute and you have reached your breaking point. In all these scenarios there is one thing that is common- they all need HELP!
We have identified 5 signs that scream, “You need to outsource.”
- Being Busy is not enough, realization to get helped is a must before you take the plunge: We are all busy in our lives, so if you ask someone are you busy 9 out of 10 times the answer is going to be a big YES! It is important that you realize that you don’t have to do all the tasks you can do, rather you should be focusing on the tasks that you rather should do.
- Are you a do-it-all-yourself person? And have realized that its time to delegate as you have simply more than you can handle on your plate: It is important that you have made a conscious decision that there is someone out there who can take care of the mundane, overbearing, time consuming tasks that you loathe or do not have the time to do yourself. This someone is not going to be as good as you are in getting these tasks done in the beginning and might need your support to understand your tasks and know you better. Don’t compare yourself to your virtual employee. You have been doing these tasks for years and are off course much better trained. Your virtual assistant is your helping hand to make your life easier and free up your time.
- Technical tasks that need a new skill to be learnt: It is important as individuals that we grow ourselves, our technical and personal skills everyday. Technology is growing leaps and bounds everyday and once in a while you will come across the need to hire a technical assistant who can decipher it and do the work. Hiring technical help can be very tricky. Whether you are an excellent programmer and need someone to take care of those mundane scripts that need testing and validation checks for errors , or you are a busy doctor who just doesn’t have the time to make your website or appointment forms yourself so your patients can fill those up before they show up, we all need technical assistance once in a while.
- Are you “upto-your –neck” and miss out on important family gatherings, meeting your friends and skip your yoga class on more occasions than one as an important assignment just came up: Having too much work to do is not a cool thing anymore. Maintaining a healthy work life balance is important, enjoying the simple things that life has to offer is equally important as your database updates, neglecting either of the two is not an option. Its about time that you delegate your repetitive tasks like updating your database, online research, filling reports, managing your social media posts, managing your calendar etc.
Hiring a Virtual assistant is a lifestyle choice, it allows you to maintain healthy work-life balance, delegate your tasks effectively, indulge in activities that add meaning to your life. We would love to hear your story about your “Help! Moment that prompted you to go Virtual.”
How many of you watched the Mad Men show lately? It makes us look at what was good enough in 70’s is not enough any more. With growing technology our marketing avenues have changed drastically. Our lifestyle more than anything has taken a sharp turn. A single worker can no longer support a family of 4 ideally, take 2 holiday’s a year, afford a car with insurance rates for his 16 year old and not to mention the mortgage. We as individuals irrespective of our education or work type; spend more hours working than we used to back in the 70’s.
Where did this extra work come from?
With changing times, our technology and needs have changed. Now we have Facebook updates to do, send out e-invites for our next upcoming party, share and manage more than one social media blogs or platforms. Technology in more ways than one have increased work, and made it faster and time bound. With faster computers and Internet access, we are now “online” 24-7. What this means is, lack of time for yourself.
Deliverables and how to cope with it
To keep up with our day-to-day schedule and the to-do’s, we need help. It is just not possible to do it all by yourself and that have a life (and if you can, well, congratulations!). We have what we call virtual assistants in today’s world, something not possible back in the day. They are your technology soul mates. They are eager to help you, share the burden, give you relief from all that extra work, finish that report before deadline, they are your knight in shining armor, coming to your rescue. They are someone who always has your back. What they do is tremendous. We can’t increase the number of hours in each day, but what we can definitely do is have more hands to work for you.
So, how does Tasks Everyday help you with your busy schedule and never ending tasks?
You have more work and we have assistants ready to work for you. It is a match made in heaven. You decide on what tasks you need help with and we match you up with an assistant most suitable for the job at hand. Based on the skills or tasks you need help with, Tasks Everyday assigns you an administrative assistant, Bookkeeper, SEO assistant or a web designer. Your assistant may be physically half way across the world, but what was mere a dream in 70s is now a reality. Communications technology has changed the landscape and our lifestyle, and why shouldn’t we use it to our benefit. Delegating tasks and checking on your deliverables is easy now, you don’t have to send a fax or telegram to get an update. Just pick a phone, send a message on IM, call on Skype, video chat with your assistant and Viola! You are connected.
If you haven’t started working with your assistant or hired one, get in touch with Tasks Everyday now! Revolutionize the way you work today!
We have developed a habit, to do things the way they’ve always been done. We don’t like change. We believe in doing everything ourselves, and it is because of this belief that we hold back ourselves from experiencing the freedom of exploring the world and opportunities.
Why you need to outsource? The answer is simple: Freedom. As busy professionals, small business owners, or someone trying to juggle 2 jobs in a day, we have more to do in a day than number of hours. We are stuck in so many things that we need to take care of, that we most often than not, do not realize our true potential. Imagine you had more time to think, it could be something basic like learning salsa, writing your blog, or designing a newer product strategy for your business, we need time to be creative and free to explore life.
How would you feel, if someone works for you, and clears up your schedule? Someone who is available to take care of all your tasks, so that you have more time to do what you love to do. This must have been a distant dream few decades ago, but Today is different.
Talent access and cost advantage with virtual assistants: There is an increasing mismatch between the skills the organizations and businesses need and those available on market. Not to mention the cost advantage. Especially if you are a small business owner, you need to keep your costs low. Why should only the bigger companies have this cost benefit. You can outsource too. The more money you make, more taxes you pay and contribute to your local economy. It is a global economy and we as individuals and business owners need to learn, how to make the most of this one virtual world. Hiring a virtual assistant from a pool of talented skills is fairly easy and economical.
Benefits and tasks that you can outsource: There is nothing more valuable than your time and money. These are our 2 biggest assets. Outsourcing your tasks to a virtual assistant help you save both.
- Think like a CEO, you need to have a vision and have the right team, expertise to turn that into a reality. In the most cost effective manner. You need to stay forward and keep innovating. Something you can’t do if your hands are already full.
- You don’t have to learn how to design a website, all you need to do is find someone who does it for you.
Tasks that you can outsource: Are limited only by your imagination.
- Research: Something we can never get enough off.
- Accounting, bookkeeping
- Database management
- Personal tasks
- Social media marketing
- Website design
- Administrative tasks
This is a small list of tasks that you can outsource.
You need to allow yourself to focus on your best talents. Outsource your mundane tasks, or tasks that need a specific skill set from a pool of talented people that are dying to help you. Outsourcing is unbelievably efficient and cost effective. The goal is not to work harder, but to achieve more by investing less time and money. And who says a couple of virtual assistants based in Mumbai can’t help you out?